Click to view/download PDF: etc Music School Class Offerings, Fall term 2015
etc. Music School Fall Term ’15 Offerings
Registration is now open; e-mail email@example.com to register!
Class offerings, Fall Term 2015:
1. Private lessons (piano starting at age 6; voice/composition/guitar beginning age 9):
Private lessons are available in piano, voice, composition and guitar in 30-min., 45-min. and 60-min. increments, with the following pricing:
$55 per 30-min. lesson
$70 per 45-min. lesson
$80 per 60-min. lesson
etc. Loyalty Promotion: $50.00 off private lessons if your student is also enrolled in The etc Choir, etc KidShows or etc Presents!
2. The etc. Choir (grades 7-12):
The mission of the etc. Choir is to instill a love of vocal music within the ensemble through positive, focused rehearsals and to engage and support our communities through polished performance of eclectic and challenging repertoire.
Regular rehearsals: Saturdays, 5-8 P.M. at the Noyes Cultural Center
Pricing: $325 per student/12-week term
etc. Loyalty Promotion: $50.00 off enrollment if also enrolled in etc private lessons or etc. Presents!
3. etc TinyShows (grades K-3): “etc TinyShows” are a fantastic introduction to the etc. Music School learning and creating method for younger students. “Mentor-Buddies” taken from the older teen members of the etc community work with the directors in creating a 20-30 minute original musical with the students, getting their ideas and created characters through fun, interactive theater and music games that stress the celebration of participation and imagination. Our performance will take place during class time on the final class day! Regular rehearsals: Saturdays, 10 A.M. -11 A.M. at the Noyes Cultural Center Pricing: $200 per student/12-week term
4. etc KidShows (grades 4-7): “etc KidShows” are shorter one-act pieces of musical theater crafted for and with young people. With the help of the artistic staff, teen members of the etc Presents and Choir communities serve as mentors to younger budding performers, and together they create original scenes and songs for the 4-7th graders to perform, involving the older students in learning about teaching while giving the younger an opportunity to stretch their creative wings! Regular rehearsals: Saturdays, 11 A.M. -2 P.M. at the Noyes Cultural Center Fall term. tech week: November 30 – December 2, 2015 Fall term Shows: December 3-5, 2015 Pricing: $325 per student/12-week term (plus 3 tech. nights, 4 shows) etc. Loyalty Promotion: $50.00 off enrollment in etc.KidShows if also enrolled in etc private lessons!
5. etc Presents (grades 8-12 (7th graders with director permission)): “etc Presents” are mainstage, original musicals created with teens, for teens, about topics teens are interested in. We meet each weekend to rehearse a living, breathing new work each term, with the goal of challenging and inspiring our young artists to grow artistically and socially in a supportive environment. Regular rehearsals: Saturdays, 2-5 P.M. at the Noyes Cultural Center Fall term. Tech week: December 14 – December 16, 2014 Fall term Shows: December 17-19, 2014 Pricing: $325 per student/12-week term (plus 3 tech. nights, 4 shows) etc. Loyalty Promotion: $50.00 off enrollment in etc. Presents if also enrolled in etc private lessons or the etc. Choir!
Academic Calendar: Fall term, 2015:
Tuesday, Sept. 8: Fall term begins for all private lessons/Workshops/classes
Sunday, Nov. 22 – Sunday, Nov. 29: NO classes or private lessons (Thanksgiving Break)
End of Private lessons for the term: Friday, Dec. 4th
TinyShows show date: Saturday, Dec. 5th
KidShows tech. week: November30 – December 2
KidShows shows: December 3-5
Presents tech. week: December 14-16
Presents Shows: December 17-19
Sunday, December 20: End of Fall ‘15 term
Etc. is proud to announce the addition of Musikgarten classes beginning Fall 2015!
What is Musikgarten?
Musikgarten is the leader in early childhood music education. Musikgarten offers a complete multi-year educational program that helps infants, toddlers, and children develop a deep love of music and the ability to express it. There is so much fun to be had through singing, dancing, musical story-telling, and much more! Families take home wonderful CDs of the songs sung in class, age-appropriate instruments, and parent guidebooks. These home materials reinforce lessons and involve the whole family in the fun!
What are the benefits?
What Musikgarten offers is more than just an easy way to introduce your child to music. Our classes can play a critical role in your child’s social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development, as well as laying a pathway to musical proficiency. Moreover, Musikgarten provides dedicated time each week when you can bond with your child free from distractions and watch them grow into a confident, independent, and expressive young person.
Class Schedule (Classes begin Thursday, September 10th and run for 13 weeks):
Babies (NB – 18mos.) – 30min.
- $200 ($160 tuition, $40 materials/registration fee)
- Friday – 9:30am, 1:30pm (no class September 18th)
Toddlers (18mos. – 3yrs.) – 30 min.
- $200 ($160 tuition, $40 materials/registration fee)
- Tuesday – 9:15am
- Thursday – 9:15am (no class September 17th)
- Friday – 10:15am, 2:15pm (no class September 18th)
Cycle of Seasons (3yrs. – 5yrs.) – 45min.
- $235 ($190 tuition, $45 materials/registration fee)
- Tuesday – 10:00am
- Thursday – 10:00am (no class September 17th)
- Friday – 11:00am, 3:00pm (no class September 18th)
Registration fees are non-refundable. Ask about our sibling discount!
Please Note: Scholarship options are available for students in need! We do NOT turn anyone away for inability to pay. Please contact director Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org with possible scholarship inquiries!